Scaleforce includes a managed backup service by default. We perform a full filesystem backup on Sundays and incremental filesystem backups daily. During the backup process, you will not notice any impact on application performance due to very low overhead while taking filesystem backups.
A Full Backup is a complete backup of all files of the environment/containers.
An Incremental Backup is a backup of all changed files since the last Full or Incremental backup. For example:
- Sunday - Full Backup
- Monday - All changed files since Sunday
- Tuesday - All changed files since Monday
- Wednesday - All changed files since Tuesday
- Thursday - All changed files since Wednesday
- Friday - All changed files since Thursday
- Saturday - All changed files since Friday
Important!: Reliable backups of databases can only be taken when the database server is: 1- not running, 2- locked. As availability is very important, we cannot stop your database during every backup. We strongly recommend that you take your own periodic backups of any critical data to ensure it can be reliably restored. Please check this article on how you perform the backups manually.